UCLA is proud to host the Gamma Sigma chapter of Order of Omega to recognize the outstanding leadership of individual members of our fraternity and sorority community. Order of Omega helps provide scholarship opportunities for students new to the fraternity and sorority community as well as seasoned leaders. Order of Omega has sponsored speakers on leadership development, graduate school admissions, and resume writing.
The purpose of Order of Omega is:
- To recognize those fraternity men and women who have attained a high standard of leadership in interfraternity activities, to encourage them to continue along this line and to inspire others to strive for similar conspicuous attainment.
- To bring together outstanding fraternity men and women to create an organization that will help to mold the sentiment of the institution on questions of local and intercollegiate fraternity affairs.
- To bring together members of the faculty, alumni, and student members of the institution's fraternities and sororities on a basis of mutual interest, understanding and helpfulness.
- To help create an atmosphere where ideas and issues can be discussed openly across Greek lines and to help work out solutions.
To be eligible for membership in Order of Omega:
- One full academic year of residence in the institution where elected.
- 90 units and 3.2 cum.
- Rank academically above the all-Greek community average (combined fraternity and sorority).
- Be in good standing with their affiliated fraternal organization.
Costs and Information:
- A one time fee of $75 for pin, chords, and certificate
Order of Omega Honor Society
Office of Fraternity and Sorority Relations
University of California, Los Angeles
109 Kerckhoff Hall
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1376